DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS
RPO represents industry professionals to the NYC Department of Buildings.
We engage in consulting for projects of all sizes and types - from demolition to new buildings, minor alterations, construction equipment, signs, places of assembly and more.
We perform all services necessary for construction and demolition projects such as:
- Consult with architects, engineers and/or building owners to determine the appropriate strategies for filing their projects.
- File projects with all divisions at DOB.
- Meet with staff at all levels to obtain approvals of filings.
- Obtain contractor work permits.
- Establish permit accounts and update insurance for contractors.
- Obtain after-hour work variances.
- Perform on-site mock inspections prior to DOB construction inspections.
- Schedule and attend on-site construction inspections.
- Track all requirements needed for Certificate of Occupancy projects.
- Certification of violations at the Administrative Enforcement Unit.
- Interface with the Department of Small Business services for waterfront projects.
- Notify clients about relevant changes in requirements and procedures.