NYC BUILDING'S GAS PIPING WORK
CIVIL PENALTY AMNESTY PROGRAM
A six month amnesty program will start on Wednesday, April 5, 2017, in which the Department will waive the civil penalties associated with certain previously issued violations for work without a permit on gas piping systems, provided that the owner obtains the proper DOB permit in the form of an Limited Alteration Application (LAA) and completes the job.
Any associated Department of Buildings civil penalties for legalization of fuel gas piping systems or a violation for work performed without a permit associated with fuel gas piping systems will be waived if:
- The work was performed or the violations were issued prior to April 5, 2017 and civil penalties have not been paid; and
- Applicants obtain a permit to resolve the improper work between April 5, 2017 and October 5, 2017; and
- Applicants have the job signed off by the Department one year from the day the permit is issued.
Gas Piping Work Civil Penalty Amnesty jobs may only be submitted as an LAA filing and be limited to the gas work only. Your Licensed Master Plumber will be able to autonomously handle this process for you.
Larger gas work jobs (non-LAA or other non-gas work) included in the violation must be filed separately and are not eligible for the Gas Piping Work Civil Penalty Amnesty Program.
JOIN THE RPO TEAM!
RPO has an opening for an Assistant Project Manager to assist with the following work:
- Prepare / process Alt. II and Alt. III filings
- Process Alt. II and Alt. III sign-offs
- Prepare formwork for and obtain initial NB permits and Alt. permits
- Track projects, submit permit renewals
- Establish safety registrations and general superintendent registrations
- Renew contractor insurance
- Assist PMs as needed for C.O. projects
For more information on the applicant qualifications and how to apply: Click Here
Spread the word! If you know someone who you believe would be interested or a good fit at RPO, let them know about this opportunity. Please forward this newsletter, print it out and pass it along or share our information to them!
2017 CONTRACTOR CALENDARS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!
Please contact our office at
(212) 566-5110 to receive yours.