PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM REQUIRED FOR LICENSEES
Pursuant to 1 RCNY §104-01 (f), as of June 5, 2017, original applicants for licensure, as well as license renewal applicants, are required to provide proof of fitness to perform the work authorized by their license.
This rule requires that the following licensees must provide evidence of physical fitness by filing a completed LIC61 application for initial licenses and renewals:
- Electricians (Master/Special)
- Master Plumbers
- Master Fire Suppression Piping Contractors
- High Pressure Boiler Operating Engineers
- Oil Burning Equipment Installers
- Sign Hangers (Master/Special)
- Site Safety Managers
- Site Safety Coordinators
- Construction Superintendents
- Concrete Safety Managers
- Private Elevator Inspection Agency Directors & Inspectors
The form must be completed and signed by a physician within the 90 days prior to submitting license application. In addition, the Department may also require the applicant to take a substance abuse test.
Here is a link to the LIC61 form: Click Here
Hoisting Machine Operators, Riggers and Welders must continue to comply with the fitness requirements outlined in 1 RCNY Sections 104-09, 104-10, and 104-11.
An RPO Staff member can assist you with any questions you may have concerning this rule.
2017 CONTRACTOR CALENDARS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!
Please contact our office at
(212) 566-5110 to receive yours.