DOB IS ENFORCING THE NEW CONSTRUCTION SAFETY TRAINING - LOCAL LAW 196
Avoid penalties and fines!
- At a minimum, all workers or supervisors must complete one of the following courses:
- OSHA 10-hour class; or
- OSHA 30-hour class; or
- A 100-hour training program approved by the Department of Buildings (DOB) (such as training received through an apprenticeship program)
If training is not done, what's the risk?
Penalties, Fines & Potential Stop Work Orders!
Permit holders must certify workers have required training. Fines are $15,000 per untrained worker:
- $5,000 for the owner
- $5,000 for the permit holder
- $5,000 for the employer
- Permit holders failing to keep log of trained workers face fines of $2,500
- Department of Buildings (DOB) is planning unannounced site checks where there is a history of untrained workers on the construction crew. They will also be targeting other jobs where it is suspected that permit holders may be in violation.
Need more information and details on Local Law 196?
Please feel free to contact Kevin Danielson, Esq. at RPO with questions pertaining to the construction safety training requirements and about Local Law 196.
2018 CONTRACTOR CALENDARS ARE AVAILABLE!
Please contact our office at